Braxton Village Pool
2021 POOL RULES
For your health and the health and safety of our community and our staff, please exercise social responsibility while on premises. Neither the HOA, its management company, nor the pool operator can be responsible for preventing the spread of germs throughout the facility, including the spread of COVID-19.
1. The Braxton Village HOA and R.S. Fincher & Co., LLC assume no liability or risk for any bodily injuries, death, loss, or damage to any personal property to anyone using the pool. Braxton Village DOES NOT employ a lifeguard and stresses that you swim at your own risk.
2. Individuals entering the facility are specifically warned that the HOA cannot guarantee the premises are sanitized to the degree that would prevent the spread of COVID-19. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU OR ANYONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD HAS A COUGH, FEVER, OR OTHER SYMPTOM OF ILLNESS OR HAS TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 WITHIN THE LAST 14 DAYS
3. In observance of Wake County regulations, the pool hours 8:00 am to 8:30 pm. Due to amount of daylight changing throughout the year, the closing hours may be changed. Strength and conditioning swim are allowed from 6:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m., otherwise, presence in the pool or within the gated area at any other time will be considered trespassing. Please be aware of any posted time changes at the pool area throughout open pool season. ANYONE IN THE POOL AREA BEFORE 8:00AM (UNLESS FOR STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING SWIMMING), AFTER CLOSING OR IN THE OFF SEASON IS CONSIDERED TRESPASSING AND A REPORT WILL BE FILED WITH THE HOLLY SPRINGS POLICE. Trespassing and/or willful damage to the pool property will result in a loss of pool privileges for a year and homeowner will be charged a fine and restoration costs.
4. A pool attendant will be on the premises 3PM to Close Monday through Thursday; 2PM to Close on Friday and 11AM to Close Saturday and Sunday.
5. The pool is for the exclusive use of Braxton Village residents and their guests. Residents will be responsible for all actions and conduct of their guests and they must accompany their guests to the pool. Limit 4 guests per Braxton Village household (PLEASE NOTE: No one under the age of 18 is allowed to bring guests). Access to the pool/recreation facilities is permitted to households in good standing. Households are not considered in good standing if their HOA account is delinquent and not paid in full or if a member has had his/her pool privileges denied due to pool infraction deemed by the HOA. Anyone caught allowing someone in that does not have a card or has been banned from access to the pool is subject to lose pool privileges. Anyone banned from the pool will be considered trespassing and police will be called.
6. The pool attendant reserves the right to close the pool at their discretion for cause such as, but not limited to, thorough cleaning as needed, in case of thunder, lightning, rain, equipment failure, contamination or any other situation that jeopardizes the public’s health and safety. The pool will close daily from 3pm-4pm for pool cleaning. All residents and guests must exit the pool during this time. The pool shall remain closed until the staff deems it safe to reopen. In the event thunder is heard, participants may re-enter the fenced area thirty (30) minutes after the last thunder is heard. The emergency exit will only be utilized during these emergencies. Residents will use the main gate to exit the pool area during non-emergency situations.
7. There will be NO tolerance for being disrespectful to any pool staff for any reason; violations will result in a loss of pool privileges. It is for the use of Braxton Village residents with active pool cards only. Anyone using this facility without authorization is subject to arrest for trespassing (NCGS § 14-159.13). Any resident granting unauthorized entry may lose his or her pool access and may be fined. ANYONE in the pool area after hours is subject to arrest for trespassing. Owners are fully responsible for their renters, tenants and/or family.
8. These rules are subject to change without notice, in accordance with government issued guidelines or for safety reasons determined by the HOA.
9. Children under the age of 14 may not use the pool without direct supervision of an adult.
10. Children over the age of 6 must use their gender appropriate changing room.
11. Everyone MUST shower before entering the pool.
12. Wake County always requires that the fence gate remain closed. No one can prop the gate open at any time. Each Braxton Village resident must have their own designated pool key. Disciplinary action will be taken against people found propping open the gate, including and up to loss of pool privileges for the household.
13. NO LIFEGUARDS ON DUTY. SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK. Adults should not swim alone. The Braxton Village Homeowners Association and R.S. Fincher & Co., LLC assume no liability for injuries, death, loss or damage of property. NO DIVING
14. The pool attendant is hired to assist in enforcing rules and ensure cleanliness and orderliness at the pool. THE POOL ATTENDANT IS TO BE TREATED WITH RESPECT AND THEIR DECISION FOLLOWED. If you have an issue with a decision made by a pool attendant, contact R. S. Fincher to discuss. If an issue arises when a pool attendant is not available, call R.S. Fincher at 919-362-1460.
15. SECURITY CAMERAS HAVE BEEN INSTALLED TO MONITOR THE POOL. Tampering with the cameras will result in loss of pool privileges for a year, charges filed with the Holly Springs Police, and a fine and restoration costs will be charged to the homeowner.
16. PUBLIC INTOXICATION IS PROHIBITED WITHIN THE POOL AREA. Persons arriving visibly drunk or under the influence of drugs will not be allowed in the pool area. Heavy consumption of alcohol is not allowed, and offenders will be removed from the pool area. Drugs are prohibited. Consumption of alcohol is not allowed outside the fenced area. Holly Springs police will be called if necessary. Pool privileges could be revoked.
17. NO GLASS CONTAINERS OF ANY TYPE are permitted in the pool area. Beverages are allowed in cans, paper and plastic containers only.
18. GUNS, KNIVES, WEAPONS OR DRUGS OF ANY SORT ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED WITHIN COMMUNITY POOL AREA. Any person or persons in possession of such devices could have criminal charges brought upon them and have any pool privileges revoked permanently.
19. NO SEXUAL CONDUCT IN OR AROUND POOL FACILITIES. This includes skinny dipping, indecent exposure and excessive public display of affection. Holly Springs police will be contacted, and violators will be prosecuted for lewd acts of conduct. Pool privileges will be revoked.
20. NO SMOKING OR VAPING ON POOL PROPERTY WHICH INCLUDES GRASS AREA AT POOL AND PARKING LOT. Smoking incudes the use of e-cigarettes or other vaping devices. People must leave the pool property to smoke.
21. DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR OF ANY KIND WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE POOL AREA. Running, pushing, fighting, bullying, use of profanity or vulgar language, wrestling, dunking, throwing, or general horseplay is prohibited.
22. Any person caught intentionally defecating in the pool will lose not only his/her pool privileges, but also those of the entire family for the remainder of the pool season. If an accident should occur, immediately notify attendant or call RS Fincher at 919-362-1460 to report the incident. The pool will close immediately until it is chemically treated by the pool company.
23. Pets are not permitted inside the gated pool area as stated by Wake County Department of Environmental Services, unless certified as a medical guide/service dog (emotional support or therapy dogs or other animals do not qualify as a medical guide/service dog).
24. Food and Drinks are prohibited in the pool to prevent contamination in the pool. Keep food and drinks out of the water.
25. NO GUM.
26. WEAR PROPER BATHING ATTIRE. NO cut-off shorts, athletic or street clothing, including street shoes/clogs, are permitted in the pool. In accordance with NC Health Department codes, children in diapers or those not completely potty trained are required to wear plastic pants under their bathing suit, or disposable swim diapers. It is advised that all incontinent people do not use the pool.
27. NO person with skin, eye, ear or nasal infections allowed in the pool. NO person with a communicable disease allowed in the pool. DO NOT SWIM if you have diarrhea and DO NOT SWIM for two weeks after diarrhea stops.
28. Life rings and poles are safety equipment and are not to be used as toys. Pool equipment is not to be tampered with.
29. HANGING, SITTING OR STANDING ON THE LIFELINE SEPARATING THE SWIMMING AREA IS NOT PERMITTED.
30. Pool furniture, i.e. chairs, loungers, tables, and umbrellas, are provided by the HOA and are available on a first come, first serve basis. Furniture is not to be placed in the pool. Any person found responsible for pool property damage and/or loss is liable for related costs and will lose pool privileges for one season.
31. NO RAFTS/ LARGE FLOTATION DEVICES of any type are allowed in the pool. Noodles, small floats and infant/toddler rings or life vests are the ONLY floatation devices allowed.
32. AUDIBLE MUSIC is provided via a cloud-based system inside the pool area. Personal music devices MUST use earphones.
33. The grilling/picnic area is on a first come, first serve basis. No reservations will be taken. Grill must stay in the designated area. Additional grills, fires/ fire pits, other cooking are not allowed to be brought into the pool area.
34. All residents will clean up after themselves. All trash is to be placed in the trash cans provided.
35. Bicycles, rollerblades, skate shoes or skateboards are prohibited from entering the fenced area and within the pool grounds.
POOL RULES MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AS PER THE CDC GUIDELINES AND/OR DISCRETION OF THE HOA.
ANY PERSON VIOLATING THESE RULES WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE POOL AND POOL PRIVILEGES MAY BE REVOKED.